-

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Barrett Back In 2010

Running the first 3 races of the 2009 IRL Season, Stanton Barrett's Indycar career came into question after a rough Month of May. After not making the grid for the 93rd Indianapolis 500 Barrett and Team 3G charged on. Showing up at Milwaukee ready to race, Barrett unfortunately put the #98 Dallara into the wall, injuring his back and rendering the car unfixable. As 3G put Jaques Lazier in the car for the ovals and Richard Antinucci in for the road/street circuits, Barrett sat on the sidelines running stock car races until Twin-Ring Motegi where he finished 19th. As Lazier jumps back into the 3G ride for the season finale, Barrett has announced his commitment to run in the Indycar Series in 2010.


"I was looking forward to racing at Homestead. I tested there this spring and really liked it, and I was pumped about going back. We are all working to find the proper sponsorship for 2010 and, like for many other, that's really going to help with more seat time.

Right now, I'm working to see which races I can run next year. I had a blast in the races I ran this year and I learned a lot. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again and with as competitive equipment as possible" -Stanton Barrett

1 comments:

Post a Comment