-

Sunday, February 15, 2009

US F1 Team Interested In Danica

Coming February 24th, the US will be back in Formula 1. Hoping to field 2 cars with a staff of 100, and with a rather low budget of 64 million dollars, Danica has been mentioned among other American drivers Scott Speed, Conor Daly and Josef Newgarden.

USF1 tech director Ken Anderson told the AP: "She's great. She gets a lot of press . Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see. I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

Now don't get me wrong, I like F1 and will certainly be rooting for Team USA, but I don't want them to take any talent from the already media coverage starved IRL. We need as much PR as we can get, and Danica defiantly brings it. Conor Daly and Josef Newgarden are both the potential future of American open wheel racing in the U.S. if they decide to come the Indycar route.

It wouldn't bother be a bit if Scott Speed left for F1 again, but I don't see it happening. He has gone on record several times saying that he has done all he can do in F1 and that those days are beind him.

Although I would hate for it to happen, I think Ryan Hunter-Reay would be the perfect choice for an American F1 seat. He is still relatively young, very talented, and he doesn't have a current ride. But the selfish side of me doesn't want him to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment